Monday, July 7, 2008

Exciting times



Tictac (aka Schnabling, Ziggy, Caesar and Thor) has had some ups and downs this week - literally.

On the upside, we talked in-depth with Dr. Ron Jones about his experience as surgeon on call when both Kennedy and Oswald were shot. We are now true believers in the conspiracy theories! We also bought ALL of my beautiful maternity clothes in a span of 2 hours (I've gained no weight at nearly 4 months so I'm looking forward to wearing them) and spent July 4 with D's good friend who visited with his 3 darling children - twins age 4 and brother age 3.

On the falling down side, I learned the hard way not to burst out of bed at 2am to stop one of the twins from screaming in terror when his midnight wanderings makes our puppy Chester (aka Chestnut) bark. In my haste to stop complete bedlam, I ran full-force into our bedpost and fell on all fours, pulling my side. Fortunately all is well, and I have only a baseball-sized black bruise on my leg to remind me to stay calm from now on. And to be prepared for permanent sleep deprivation very soon!

On another upside, our good news has brought other welcome CONGRATULATIONS to light:
  • Katherine and Alex have a baby due in October
  • Jill and Matthew have a baby due in December
  • A surprise relative has a baby due in February
  • Karen and Curt have a baby due in March! New news!
  • Amanda is on the verge of an exciting job offer
  • and... Isabelle just got approved for her transfer to London!

1 comment:

Mama Seoul said...

I just got a positive result myself! It is very early, but I am due in March. First appointment is Thursday!