We are in week 16 (out of 40), and I'm getting full sympathy for the nausea I no longer have and the cravings that haven't started yet. I'm afraid D's suspicions are, as usual, right on: I'm just interested in eating junk and using the pregger state as an excuse. My friends say that's OK - there are few moments when you can gain weight without guilt. I love my friends.
Despite the green light for decadence, I do try to keep healthy by remembering the unscientific story of the sibling who was smarter when her mother ate veggies, and seeing the examples of mothers who look fantastic - like my recently-returned coworker, Jennifer. My weaker stomach has only one issue: it can't stand our normally simple dinners of salmon and broccoli or chicken and greenbeans. My coworker Betsy actually figured out I was pregnant when I lunched on half of a calzone.
I still haven't gained a pound, but I have the baby bump! I'm afraid it's because I'm losing muscle weight, despite the exercises I learned from Fit Pregnancy TV and our trainer. D is getting sympathy-unhealthy right along with me despite my protestations.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are very small so don't be surprised or worried if you gain a lot. I gained 45 lbs.
Don't pig out, but don't diet, either. In the early stages of pregnancy, all I can eat is chicken fingers and french fries. But, after the first trimester it passes for me and Ian turned out alright!
The Baby Bargains book by Denise and Alan Fields is better than Consumer Reports. It will help you with the registry.
Also,felicite.com allows you to register for stuff from smaller online shops. That is one of the ones I used.
Leaving for Hawaii on Thursday. I am showing about the same as 14 weeks last time even though I am only about 6 weeks. It is because I never retrained my stomach muscles. Breastfeeding will take all the weight off for you, but you have to exercise to reshape your muscles.
Post a Comment